What to Expect on Your Visit
Click on a link to watch:
Visiting any church for the very first time can be a tough experience. Where to go? What to wear? What time to show up? What’s here for my kids? What can I expect? These and many more questions surface.
Well, we want to put you at ease. Your first visit to Coast Hills Baptist will be refreshing, friendly, and enjoyable for your whole family. We want you to experience inspiring music, helpful teaching and preaching, friendly people, and a place where you feel welcome and “at home”!
Here are a few answers to your questions and what you might expect on your first visit.
1. Finding the Church
Our church is located at 650 West Rice Ranch Road in Old Orcutt between Orcutt Junior High and Jack’s Restaurant. As you approach the auditorium, one of our ushers will meet you and direct you to the right classes and services. They can also answer other questions you may have.
2. Finding Nurseries, Classes, and Services
We would like to help you find the appropriate nurseries, classes, and services for every person in your family. Our greeters and ushers are located in the lobby of the church and will gladly help direct and even escort you to the right place.
3. What’s here for my kids?
- Babies &Toddlers (0 to 3 years) — Starting with excellent nurseries, there is something special for every age child from birth through high school! At every service on Sunday morning there are safe, clean, and highly staffed nurseries for children three years old and under.
- Elementary (4 to 11 years) — For children four years old through sixth grade there are fun, friendly, and Bible-centered classes.These classes are staffed with trained, friendly, and well-qualified teachers and helpers who will make church exciting and memorable for your child.
- Junior & Senior High (12 to 18 years) — For students seventh grade through high school age, there are graded classes in our student ministries. Most of the teens attend a class one hour and then a main service another hour with their parents.
4. What’s the morning schedule?
There is Sunday school at 9:45am followed by Morning service at 10:45am.
5. What’s on the schedule for adults, and what should I expect?
Most adults attend the Morning service where they enjoy the music of the choir and soloists. The music is always followed by a clear, helpful, and challenging Bible message from Pastor Silva. This service is a little over one hour in length. Prior to the Morning service, we have several adult Bible classes at 9:45am. The best way to get to know people at Coast Hills Baptist Church is to visit one of these adult bible classes.
6. How should I dress?
There is not a dress code at Coast Hills Baptist Church for members or guests. Our ministry leaders and many of our church family dress in more traditional “Sunday” dress; however, our main goal is that you would feel welcome and comfortable on your visit here at Coast Hills!
7. Are there services at other times?
Yes. We have a Sunday evening service (completely different from Sunday morning) that begins at 6:00pm. Again, in this service you’ll enjoy a challenging and helpful message from Pastor Silva. We also meet on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. for a mid-week Bible study. If you can’t be our guest on Sunday morning, we hope you’ll visit with us during another service time.
8. Am I expected to participate in the offering?
No. We don’t invite you to Coast Hills Baptist Church for your offering. We want our service to be a gift to you. We hope you will find in this place a warm family spirit, truth from God’s Word, and a place where you can grow in God’s grace. Please don’t feel any obligation to participate in the offering as a guest.
We hope to see you soon!
Whether you’re new to the area and looking for a church home, or if it’s been a long time since you’ve attended church at all, we hope your first visit at Coast Hills will be awesome! We exist to serve you and your family, and we are looking forward to meeting you personally. We hope you’ll feel right at home from the very first moment you step on the property! Let us know how we can serve you better, and we hope to meet you this Sunday!